Friday, July 6, 2007

Anger,pity and pain.


Three deaths in one week.One fake.The other two VERY real.

At least Vince scrapped his stinker of an angle.

It's no surprise that Benoit was one my favorite wrestlers.Right up there with Bret and Jericho.So the news hit me pretty hard.Not just the fact that he's dead,but the fact that he killed his wife and son first,and then took his own life.

I've always seen Benoit as calm,soft spoken and down to earth.He never got any bad press.And no one thought ill of him.He was one of those guys who was never involved in any controversy and had a clean image.And he was a kick ass wrestler.He put on 5 star matches on a regular basis and I admired him for that.

And now,when I picture him killing his seven year old son,I feel betrayed.He seems like a monster who took two innocent lives and then his ow.Whatever the motive,I don't see how that could possibly justify killing a seven year old child.It's just one of those things you don't see any sense in.It's so beyond me.And it's not right.Not in a million years.It doesn't matter how full of shit your life is,you just don't do that to another person.

And then there's the media.Blaming this on Steroid abuse.So,to add to this tragedy,they defame the wrestling business and Vince's credibility.Vince bashing is a right of every Internet mark,but I don't see how you could blame him for this,unless he was DIRECTLY involved in it.



I hate saying this,but right now,I feel Chris Benoit spat on the wrestling business,the wrestling fans and his own sense of right and wrong.I have nothing but disrespect for people who weasel out and think suicide is the solution.What he did to his family was wrong.And that takes away everything that he gave wrestling fans like me all these years.

I sincerely hope I'm proven wrong.I honestly do.

Until next time.

AJ


1 comment: